Subscribe
Cassius Life Featured Video
CLOSE
60th Annual GRAMMY Awards - Red Carpet

Source: Christopher Polk / Getty

Here Are the Dates and Deadlines for the 2019 Grammys.

The Recording Academy announced Tuesday (July 17) that the 61st Annual Grammy Awards air on February 10, 2019 on CBS from the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Additionally, nominations will be announced on December 5, and eligible songs and albums must have been released between October 1, 2017 and September 30, 2018.

ICYMI, the academy also recently announced that album of the year, song of the year, record of the year and best new artist will now each include eight nominees instead of five.

Read more at The Hollywood Reporter.

Please, Let’s All Lift up Michelle Williams Right Now.

According to reports, the gospel singer and Destiny’s Child member has “proudly” checked herself into a mental health facility for depression.

“For years I have dedicated myself to increasing awareness of mental health and empowering people to recognize when it’s time to seek help, support and guidance from those that love and care for your wellbeing,” Williams said in a statement on Twitter on Tuesday (July 17). “Today I proudly, happily and healthily stand here as someone who will continue to always lead by example as I tirelessly advocate for the betterment of those in need.”

Williams revealed she’s been dealing with depression since age 13 back in October.

A 12th Suspect in the Murder of Lesandro Guzman-Feliz Faces Charges.

The New York Daily News reports that 25-year-old Luis Cabrera Santos was arrested in Connecticut last week after a state trooper’s license plate reader revealed Santos’ car was connected to Lesandro’s murder. Santos reportedly agreed to extradition before being taken back to the Bronx on Tuesday night.

https://twitter.com/NewYorkCityOBN/status/1019426552759500800

Miss Universe Great Britain Has Crowned Its First Black Woman.

Meet Dee-Ann Kentish-Rodgers, the new Miss Universe Great Britain. As noted by Buzzfeed‘s Dionne Grant on Twitter, she is the first Black woman to garner the title and will go on represent GB internationally. We stan Black girl excellence.

This 11-Year-Old’s Anti-Bullying Clothing Line Is Really Taking Off.

Imagine being an elementary student with a successful clothing line that’s grabbed the attention of stars like Lupita Nyong’o. This is the true story of Kheris Rogers, who launched an anti-bullying business with her older sister, Taylor Pollard, to combat racism.

Head to FlexinInMyComplexion.com where you can cop a fly new t-shirt for as low as $15. You can also pick up items with sayings like “Coolest King in the Universe” and “The Miseducation of Melanin.”

Learn more about how and why they got started here.

For more content like this, be sure to follow CASSIUSLife.com.