“Surviving R. Kelly” premieres tonight on Lifetime, with subsequent installments airing on Jan. 4 and 5. The docuseries dives deep into over two decades of the singer allegedly sexually assaulting children and women. Now Kelly is doing everything he can to block the series from premiering tonight.

TMZ  reports, “Kelly’s lawyer, Brian Nix, fired off a legal letter — obtained by TMZ — warning the network that its ‘Surviving R. Kelly’ documentary is packed with lies. Nix threatens to file a federal lawsuit Thursday — the same day Lifetime’s set to air the special — if the network doesn’t relent.”

TMZ also claims Kelly is “saying the subjects made false allegations to become famous. What’s more … Kelly says he has 2 audio recordings — 5 minutes in duration — that show Lifetime knew ‘some of the girls are lying, but that the budget was too high to turn back now.’”

In one of the disturbing accounts from the docuseries, a former background singer said she caught the singer having sex with a 15-year-old Aaliyah. Jovante Cunningham revealed, “We were out on the road with Aaliyah. On a tour bus, there really aren’t many confined spaces. When you get on the bus there are bunks and so these bunks have little curtains you can pull at night if you don’t want anybody to see you sleeping. So, it just so happened we were all laying in our bunks and the curtains are open, everybody’s communicating, laughing. When the [room] door flew open on the bus. Robert was having sex with Aaliyah.”

It is highly unlikely R. Kelly will be able to stop the docuseries from airing tonight. Just last month, there was a gun threat at a New York City screening.  Lifetime said, “This was an intimidation tactic from R. Kelly to further silence these women.”

Time might seriously be up for R. Kelly.

R. Kelly’s Desperately Trying To Stop The Lifetime Docuseries On His Sexual Assault Allegations From Airing  was originally published on newsone.com

×