Donald Trump Pixelated

Source: Creative Services / Creative Services, iOne Digital

Big Lies

It hasn’t even been a full week since Trump delivered his amended statement regarding Charlottesville, and he’s already contradicting himself by pedaling back to his initial remarks. “I think there is blame on both sides,” he said to reporters at Trump Tower in Manhattan. “You had a group on one side that was bad. You had a group on the other side that was also very violent. Nobody wants to say that. I’ll say it right now.” He then went on to say that “alt-left” groups were “very, very violent” and that “not all” in attendance at the Charlottesville protest were white supremacists “by any stretch.”

“Many of those people were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee,” he said. “So this week, it is Robert E. Lee. I noticed that Stonewall Jackson is coming down. I wonder, is it George Washington next week? And is it Thomas Jefferson the week after? You know, you really do have to ask yourself, where does it stop?”

It’s sickeningly stunning, to say the least.

Big News

In a moving statement, Heather Heyer’s father says he forgives the man who killed his daughter, commending her for her courage. “My daughter was a strong woman that had passionate opinions about the equality of everyone — and she tried to stand up for that,” the Sharpes, Fla., resident told Florida Today. “With her, it wasn’t lip service. It was real.”

Susan Bro, Heyer’s mother, also spoke about her daughter, telling CNN, “”It was important to her to speak up for people that she felt were not being heard, to speak up when injustices were happening, and she saw in the lives of many of her African-American friends particularly and her gay friends that equal rights were not being given.”

As previously reported, Heather was killed during Saturday’s Charlottesville attack.

Big Facts

Despite additional pushback in the wake of the Charlottesville attack, HBO is standing behind its controversial forthcoming show, Confederate. In a recent statement provided to The New York Times, which really doesn’t sound all that different from the one released amid initial backlash, the network said while it supports the right to express opinions, “the suggestion of irresponsibility on our part is simply undeserved.”

“HBO has a long history of championing intelligent storytelling and we will approach this project with the same level of thoughtfulness that has always defined our programming,” they said. “We recognize the sensitivity of this project and will treat it with the respect that it deserves. Our creative partners should be given time to develop the series rather than face prejudgment.”

#NoConfederate continues to stand its ground on Twitter:

For more content like this, be sure to follow CASSIUSLife.com.