The best mic man to ever grace a wresting ring, Ric Flair will be honored this week with a 30 for 30 episode the legend’s fans have been waiting for. 30 For 30: Nature Boy airs on ESPN Tuesday night, and will chronicle the highs and lows of the WWE megastar.
The Man’s bravado, quick wit and slick talk was unmatched in the ring for decades. And as time progresses, there still seems to be no one better or even close to The Nature Boy.
Ric Flair has been referenced in rap for decades, most recently by Kanye West and Pusha T on “I Don’t Like.” Migos, Cam’ron Meek Mill and Killer Mike have all nodded to The Nature Boy in rhyme. But for all his bravado, lavish furs, and all out villain sensibilities, Ric Flair’s always had bars of his own. Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, Magnum T.A, Dick Slater, Randy Savage, Jim Crockett and even the Tough Enough star Maven knows when Flair is on the mic, he’s going at your head ASAP!
Here are 11 lines Ric Flair could have used in a rap battle outside of the ring.
1. “I’ve had more titles than you’ve had women!”
2. “That’s why this jacket cost 800 dollars and that one cost 200 Dollars! And I don’t know what that cost, I’d be ashamed to wear it!”
3. “Last year I spent more money on spilt liquor, Im bars from one side of this world to the other…THAN YOU MADE!”
4. “My shoes cost more than your house”
5. “Miss Elizabeth was MINE…Before she was yours… *Shows picture of him and Miss Elizabeth poolside*
6. “In Philadelphia, You were like all the girls at the Marriot in Room 806!
7. “When JJ turned out the lights, the Horsemen were all in position. We were all hollering, screaming, we were raising the roof! All of a sudden all the girls yelled STOOOOOP! We can’t take anymore! That was you!”
8. “I got more women waiting for me in the hallway, quivering, shaking, having conniptions, then you’ve met in the last 5 years!”
9. “You imitation, nothing happening punk! You keep walking around that ring, trying to tell the world your me, You better go somewhere else for your clothes besides K-Mart.”
10. “You’re going to go to your GRAVE because of ME!”
11. “When you wake up in the morning, you do yourself a favor, You pattern your life after Ric Flair and you’ll be something.”
Natch, you are still “The Man!”