Rockets guard James Harden is being sued by former Rockets center Moses Malone Jr. for $1 million in damages in accusations of planning to assault and rob him, reports The New York Daily News. According to the lawsuit, Malone was approached by a group outside of Houston’s V Live Vintage Steakhouse on June 25, 2016. He was then reportedly pushed to the ground, punched and kicked, and had pieces of his jewelry stolen off him. The folks accused of attacking Malone were allegedly paid $20,000 by Harden to do the deed. As of press time, four men have been arrested and charged in the incident.
Breaking: Fox 26 news has learned Houston Rockets' star player James Harden has been sued and accused of orchestrating a plan to assault and rob the son of an NBA legend… That suit was filed by Moses Malone Jr. It alleges Harden paid a group of people $20,000 in cash to attack and rob Malone at V-Live strip club last year. The lawsuit says Harden was angry because Malone wrote a Facebook post criticizing the star player for charging children for his basketball camp. Several people connected to the assault have already been charged criminally. More tonight at 10 pm on #IsiahFactorUncensored Rusty Hardin is James Harden's attorney and he sent me this statement: I am in Boston for depositions so I haven't seen the petition but I have previously discussed Mose's allegations with James and others, and I am totally comfortable that the allegations are untrue. Unfortunately, I am afraid this is just another example of people shopping for a deep pocket when they find that the people actually responsible have no money.
Sigh. So in what folks are aptly coining #Blabbergate, apparently our president leaked (ironically) classified (read: HIGHLY classified) info to Russia’s foreign minister and ambassador last week. According to The New York Times, officials say the information shared by Trump was related to an “Islamic State plot.” NYT adds that “a Middle Eastern ally that closely guards its own secrets provided the information, which was considered so sensitive that American officials did not share it widely within the United States government or pass it on to other allies.”
The White House, of course, denied Trump shared any sensitive info with Russian officials. According to The Associated Press, a Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman has also denied the reports. But on Tuesday morning, Trump took to Twitter to say that he did indeed share information with Russia, stating: “As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety. Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism.”
Wells Fargo & Co. is facing a lawsuit after being accused of discrimination, Philly News reports. According to the suit—filed by Philadelphia in U.S. District Court—Wells Fargo & Co. has allegedly overcharged 1,000 Black and Latinx homebuyers for loans since 2004. The suit also says “unnecessarily expensive loans drove minority borrowers toward foreclosures” that were in violation of the federal Fair Housing Act, and adds Wells Fargo has a “longstanding, unbroken policy and practice of intentionally steering minority borrowers in Philadelphia into ‘discriminatory’ mortgage loans.” The bank denied allegations.
For more content like this, be sure to follow CASSIUSLife.com.