A few days ago, news broke that production was suddenly halted on Bachelor in Paradise.
For those who don’t know, the idea behind the ABC show is to take rejects from The Bachelor and The Bachelorette and place them on a tropical island. We then sit back and watch as the litness, hookups, and bad decisions ensue.
Fans were shocked to learn that, after only a few weeks of shooting, everything came to an alarming halt following sexual assault allegations on set. The incident in question allegedly occurred between two very memorable contestants— last season’s Corinne Olympios and the already-controversial DeMario Jackson, from the current season of The Bachelorette.
Here’s a quick timeline of everything we know about the bizarre situation:
When the news first broke:
On Sunday, June 11, news broke that season four of Bachelor In Paradise, which was being filmed in Mexico, had been canceled amid allegations of misconduct.
Hours later we learned from TMZ that production was shut down after a producer complained about two contestants, Corinne and DeMario, getting sexual in a swimming pool.
DeMario’s side of the story:
According to TMZ, DeMario says he was told by producers that one of the story lines would be around him hooking up with Corinne. After the drinks began to flow at the Mexican resort, Corinne allegedly suggested that the two of them make their way to the pool. They began to make out and took off their clothes as things began to get pretty sexual. DeMario says that he couldn’t even have sex if he wanted to because the alcohol made it impossible.
What Corinne has to say:
Corinne’s story definitely conflicts with DeMario’s recount. The former Bachelor contestant says that she blacked out when things got sexual. Although he remembers “rubbing, touching and fingering” her, she doesn’t remember anything. The day after the incident, fellow cast members began telling the production crew that she wasn’t coherent enough to give him consent.
Chris Harrison Speaks Up:
As the investigation began heating up on the third day, show host Chris Harrison finally broke his silence.
“By now, no doubt, you have heard that we have suspended production on this season’s Bachelor in Paradise. I can confirm to you that this is sadly the case. Out of respect to all involved, there’s only so much I can and will say at this time. Normally with a situation like this I would not say anything until the incident is fully resolved, but with all the rumors and misinformation being put out there, I don’t find that to be possible anymore,” he said.
UPDATE: DeMario Breaks His Silence:
Entertainment Tonight caught DeMario leaving a Starbucks in Los Angeles and asked him what actually happened with Corinne. All he said was, “I have nothing to say. You know, Corinne’s an awesome girl and that’s all I have to say.” He also sent a message to fans of the Bachelor in Paradise, saying, “Love you all, thank you for the support.”
Corinne Releases A Statement:
In a statement released to People, Corinne confirms that she is indeed a victim.
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production,” reads the statement. Read the rest of what the 25-year-old had to say here.
DeMario Says He Was Fired From His Job
It looks like DeMario is feeling the effects of the Bachelor in Paradise investigation. He recently told Inside Edition that he was fired from his job as an executive recruiter because of the accusations.
“My character has been assassinated, my family name has been drug through the mud,” Jackson told Inside Edition. “The only thing I want is for the truth to come out. I feel like the truth will be able to come out in those videos.”
Stay locked to CASSIUS for any updates on this evolving drama.
Bachelor in Paradise Taping Resumes
After a month of controversy, Bachelor in Paradise will resume production. In a statement, Warner Bros. announced that an investigation of video tape “does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member,” and that no cast member “was ever in jeopardy.” The statement continues: “Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident.” In addition, the producers intend to make changes to the show’s policies that will ensure more safety measures moving forward.
Black Footwear Designer D'Wayne Edwards & Chris Dixon Discuss 'A Strong Foundation'
Photographer & OG Travel Influencer Elton Anderson Delivers Clutch Tips For Traveling During Allergy Season
Extreme Adventurer Nathan Fluellen Conquers Allergies On The Go
Level Up Family Night with The Nintendo Switch
Steve Harvey Extends Grace After Shirley Strawberry Apology For Leaked Phone Calls Bad-Mouthing His Wife
Dwyane Wade Recounts "Rough Time" Telling Gabrielle Union He Was Having A Child With Another Woman
Celebrate Summer Mount Gay Rum Style With The Après The Day Cocktail Kit
#AfterDark: 4 Strokes Every Dude Should Know How to Lay Down