ComplexCon wrapped in Long Beach, CA last weekend and the two-day gathering of panel discussions, musical performances and dope activations didn’t disappoint. In its third year, the A-list support was major, with celebs like Nas, Pharrell, Victor Cruz, Snoop Dogg, Future and Jaden Smith in the house. Some of the weekend’s highlights included a Creed II Q&A with Michael B. Jordan and panel discussions on the 20th anniversary of “Belly” and Tommy Hilfiger’s influence on eighties and nineties hip-hop.
There was plenty of sneaker fire too, as Nike, Fila, Reebok, Vans and PUMA and adidas debuted limited-edition drops and new releases. Check out the gallery below along with our curated list of the top 12 sneaker moments.
1. Allen Iverson debuted the I3 Legacy from Reebok, his first kicks in over four years. Two colorways were released and all sold out immediately.
2. Puma released its latest sneaker, the RS-X with a 90s-themed activation designed to look like a mall. The brand also teased its upcoming collaboration pack with Hot Wheels —the RS-X Toys Hot Wheels—dropping December 1st.
3. Takashi Murakami hosted “Sneakers for Breakfast” featuring a range of custom kicks designed by six footwear designers to be featured in a silent auction. A team of creative sneakerheads helped curate the selection.
4. ComplexCon(versations)’s annual “Sneaker of the Year” panel featured Allen Iverson, DJ Clark Kent, Joe La Puma, Don C, Lena Waithe, Trinidad James and Wale.
5. Pusha T debuted his limited edition Adidas EQT collaboration.
6. The limited-edition Sherbinskis Nike AF1 Low Bespoke debuted and sold out.
7. Vans dropped its space gray sk8 high space voyager shoe, which pays homage to NASA’s 60 years of space exploration.
8. adidas Originals teamed up with Pusha T to present a journey through three connected environments, reimagining a retro bank vault and penthouse office, to unveil a limited edition EQT Cushion 2 collaboration.
9. Pharrell Williams released pairs of the elusive adidas Originals N.E.R.D HU NMD and 50 pairs of never-seen-before PW HU P.O.D.
10. Snoop Dogg signed 25 pairs of adidas Originals P.O.D. System sneakers that had been customized by LA artist Gregory Siffs.
11. Reebok closed out the weekend with its limited-edition Futsal Fusion R58 drop and the final silhouette of the the R58 Series, the Sole Fury Floatride. Lil Baby, who was on hand purchased the first ten pairs for lucky customers in line.
12. Zen, a new e-commerce platform that launched at ComplexCon, gave away hundreds of pairs of rare kicks including Nike Air Mags seen in Back to the Future, Undefeated Jordan IV, Nike Dunk SB Low Diamond Supply Co. “Tiffany,” all Supreme Nike SB Blazers and Dunks, and Adidas Chanel Pharrell Hu NMD.
Black Footwear Designer D'Wayne Edwards & Chris Dixon Discuss 'A Strong Foundation'
Photographer & OG Travel Influencer Elton Anderson Delivers Clutch Tips For Traveling During Allergy Season
Extreme Adventurer Nathan Fluellen Conquers Allergies On The Go
Level Up Family Night with The Nintendo Switch
Steve Harvey Extends Grace After Shirley Strawberry Apology For Leaked Phone Calls Bad-Mouthing His Wife
Dwyane Wade Recounts "Rough Time" Telling Gabrielle Union He Was Having A Child With Another Woman
Celebrate Summer Mount Gay Rum Style With The Après The Day Cocktail Kit
#AfterDark: 4 Strokes Every Dude Should Know How to Lay Down